Temporary Service Changes
The Counseling Center remains committed to supporting student wellbeing and resilience. Based on CDC and Department of Public Health recommendations to limit personal contact to reduce the risk of infection, GTCC is implementing the following temporary service changes.
These changes are in effect from Monday, March 16, 2020 through the end of the semester:
- Individual and group counselors will be in touch with clients in order to provide case management and support as needed, as well as to provide additional resources and emergency contact information. All workshops are currently suspended.
- GTCC is currently exploring telehealth service options in order to be able to provide on-going therapy services. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- Clients with questions may reach out to their individual and group counselors via email.
- Clients can continue to reach a counselor at any time via phone by calling our main number at (404) 894-2575 during business hours. After business hours, select option 1 to speak with the after-hours counselor.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
- The following are other emergency resources:
Campus Police: 404-894-2500
Office of the Vice President and Dean of Students: 404-894-6367
Victim-Survivor Advocate: 404-385-4464/4451
Georgia Crisis and Access Line: 1-800-715-4225
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
Trevor Lifeline: 866-488-7386