Our Outreach Presentations are provided to the campus community, and consist of multiple offerings that are available by request if you are a faculty, staff, or student group leader. Programs usually range in length from 15 minutes to 2 hours. There is no fee for a Counseling Center outreach presentation. In addition to the topics below we also tailor presentations to meet specific needs of an audience.
Please submit your request at least two weeks ahead of the event date to allow for planning and staff availability.
If you have an event that your organization is sponsoring and would like participation by a representative of the Counseling Center, please make that request by choosing the "Request Outreach Presentation" link below.
Selected Outreach Topics
- Overview of Mental Health Services at Georgia Tech
- Adjusting to College
- Assertiveness Skills for Effective Communication
- Creating Healthy Relationships
- Intro to Mindfulness
- Manage Your Time, Manage Your Stress
- Managing Test Anxiety
- Overcoming Imposter Syndrome
- Overcoming the Stressors of Perfectionism and Procrastination
- Recognizing and Responding to Students in Distress
- Social Media: Managing the Illusion of Connection
- Staying Healthy as a Graduate Student Scholar
- Stress Management 101
- Stress Management for International Students
- Stress Management for BIPOC Students
- Other topic: Please provide a brief description
- Other Requests: Non-presentation events
In addition to providing outreach to specific groups, the Counseling Center participates in tabling events where students can learn about Counseling Center services. When you request a Counseling Center outreach program or participation at your tabling event, please provide at least two weeks notice.
If you have questions about Outreach with the Georgia Tech Counseling Center, please contact Shiraz Karaa, Mental Health Clinician at firstname.lastname@example.org