Emotional Support Animals

The Center for Assessment, Referral, and Education (CARE), the Counseling Center, and Stamps Psychiatry do not provide letters to document the need for an Emotional Support Animal (ESA). Writing letters of evaluation for ESAs exceeds the scope of our services. ESAs are viewed under the Fair Housing Act (FHAct, 42 U.S.C.A. 3601 et seq), which applies only to residence halls here at GT. The policy/procedures for requesting an ESA if you live on campus can be found here: Emotional Support Animal Policy - Policies - Super Block | Housing and Residence Life | Georgia Institute of Technology | Atlanta, GA (gatech.edu).


If you would like to have an ESA as an accommodation in on-campus housing and need documentation from a provider, you can obtain that from an off-campus provider with the requisite credentials to provide such a letter.